Amy Macdonald Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world is a diverse place. We come in many different shapes and sizes and have different beliefs. Diversity is good. Embrace it. (Amy Macdonald)

HomePortailSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sondage ! (survey !)

Go down 
+9
Ezio
Vhazza
calife_
fan57
Dennis
Everything4Amy
samwho3
M.M
DJFanch29
13 posters

What's your favorite song on the album "This Is The Life"?
01 - Mr. Rock & Roll
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap7%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
02 - This Is The Life
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap17%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 17% [ 5 ]
03 - Poison Prince
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap10%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
04 - Youth Of Today
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap7%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
05 - Run
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap3%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
06 - Let's Start A Band
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap21%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 21% [ 6 ]
07 - Barrowland Ballroom
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap0%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
08 - L.A.
 3% [ 1 ]
09 - A Wish For Something More
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap14%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 4 ]
10 - Footballer's Wife
Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_lcap10%Sondage ! (survey !) Vote_rcap
 10% [ 3 ]
11 - The Road To Home
 3% [ 1 ]
12 - Caledonia
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Euan Buchan
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
Euan Buchan

Sondage ! (survey !) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty2/23/2017, 9:41 am

Difficult for me but my favourite tracks are 1, Mr Rock N Roll 2, This Is The Life 3, Poison Prince 4, Barrowland Ballroom 5, A Wish For Something More.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theedinburghbirdwatcher.com
No-Roots
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty5/24/2015, 12:06 pm

Footballers Wife
Back to top Go down
R.E.M.O.
Admin
Admin
R.E.M.O.

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty9/2/2014, 11:05 pm

Voted for "Caledonia". It's just a very beautiful tribute to Amy's home Scotland.
Back to top Go down
G
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
G

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty9/2/2014, 8:01 pm

A year and a half ago, I would have been hesitating between Run and Let's Start A Band.
But since it has become our (me and soulmate) song, my favourite is A Wish For Something More.
Back to top Go down
Ezio
Mr Rock & Roll
Mr Rock & Roll
Ezio

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty3/24/2013, 7:01 pm

i cant vote Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

i dont know why....

but.....is simple vote for TITL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

i vote Mr rock and roll because this song permitted me to discovery amy's world another TITL....

but in this album there are many beautiful song....a wish for something more,let start a band,yout of today...
Back to top Go down
Vhazza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty3/11/2013, 11:53 pm

Voted for The Road To Home. Just something in that I love about it (seems to finish the album off nicely if we forget the hidden track :p)

Huggles
Vhari x
Back to top Go down
https://byvhari.etsy.com
calife_
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
calife_

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty3/11/2013, 9:48 pm

Bon j'ai voté This is the life car c'est grâce à cette chanson que je l'ai connue Wink Mais bon j'ai pas de préférées, elles sont touts superbes *-*
Back to top Go down
calife_
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
calife_

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty3/11/2013, 9:45 pm

Oula c'est dur a choisir ^^ je vais y réfléchir Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fan57
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
fan57

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty1/3/2013, 8:50 pm

Houla, comment peut-on choisir juste une chanson parmi les autres. Etant donné que ce fût mon tout premier album que j'ai acheté, j'adore toutes ces chansons. Let's start a band pour sa façon de commencer doucement et de finir la chanson en puissance? La douce et sublime Run? Ou simplement This is the life?
Mais je dirais que mon choix est Mr.Rock & Roll car c'est grâce à cette chanson que je l'ai connu et j'adore le ryrthme.
Back to top Go down
M.M
Admin
Admin
M.M

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/31/2012, 12:16 pm

DennisDrechsler wrote:
I have voted for Poison Prince. For one easy reason: This is the first song I've heard live from her on my first concert! This moment was so great and yes, emotional for me Very Happy , after 2 years of beeing a fan of her she comes on the stages and then this song! I think that is a good reason for choosing a favourite song, or?

But I love all her songs cheers

Good choice! this is also a song I love a lot! But I had to vote for only 1 song...
Back to top Go down
Dennis
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/31/2012, 11:06 am

I have voted for Poison Prince. For one easy reason: This is the first song I've heard live from her on my first concert! This moment was so great and yes, emotional for me Very Happy , after 2 years of beeing a fan of her she comes on the stages and then this song! I think that is a good reason for choosing a favourite song, or?

But I love all her songs cheers
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/30/2012, 9:17 am

Oups !!! lol! mdr
Back to top Go down
http://amymacdonald-forum.net
Everything4Amy
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
Everything4Amy

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/29/2012, 1:49 pm

M.M wrote:
DJFanch29 wrote:
Yes i voted for "Let's start a bad" too ! cheers

Why starting a "bad" !?!?!?! This song is so WELL! lol!

He or she means a BATH... Razz
Back to top Go down
M.M
Admin
Admin
M.M

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/28/2012, 7:59 pm

DJFanch29 wrote:
Yes i voted for "Let's start a bad" too ! cheers

Why starting a "bad" !?!?!?! This song is so WELL! lol!
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/28/2012, 1:52 pm

Yes i voted for "Let's start a band" too ! cheers

Last edited by DJFanch29 on 12/29/2012, 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
M.M
Admin
Admin
M.M

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/28/2012, 9:29 am

samwho3 wrote:
I choose Let's Start A Band for several reasons as my favorite from This Is The Life. I enjoy watching the live performances as posted on You Tube, and this song is frequently used as a second climax after the encores. The audience is usually aroused, and the tension in this song slowly builds to the culmination when this becomes one of the few songs in which her musicians are allowed to "soar," when one can truly appreciate that this, indeed, is a band. However, it often is difficult to get quality sound on these You Tube recordings because the photographer, wishing for the best possible video picture, is usually too close to the stage. The microphones on the digital cams, phones, etc., are mostly unidirectional and "seek" the loudest/closest sound with a damper that reduces peripheral sound and reduces all sound below the level of the loudest sound. Therefore, when the bass drum comes in, it often distorts, and the rest of the sound is barely audible. The professionally made concert CDs give one the closest feeling of being at the concert when one can hear the full sound without distortion, but these recordings often miss the sounds of the audience response and reaction to the music. It is very difficult to obtain a video recording with good quality audio and a sharp, close picture, but when that is obtained, then Let's Start A Band, for me, is their best concert piece from this album.

Thanks, Francois, for this idea. I think it is good to see how other fans feel about particular songs.

Sam

I agree with you. Let's Start A Band is probably the second song I love the most on the album!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
samwho3
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
samwho3

PostSubject: Let's Start a Band   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/28/2012, 7:21 am

I choose Let's Start A Band for several reasons as my favorite from This Is The Life. I enjoy watching the live performances as posted on You Tube, and this song is frequently used as a second climax after the encores. The audience is usually aroused, and the tension in this song slowly builds to the culmination when this becomes one of the few songs in which her musicians are allowed to "soar," when one can truly appreciate that this, indeed, is a band. However, it often is difficult to get quality sound on these You Tube recordings because the photographer, wishing for the best possible video picture, is usually too close to the stage. The microphones on the digital cams, phones, etc., are mostly unidirectional and "seek" the loudest/closest sound with a damper that reduces peripheral sound and reduces all sound below the level of the loudest sound. Therefore, when the bass drum comes in, it often distorts, and the rest of the sound is barely audible. The professionally made concert CDs give one the closest feeling of being at the concert when one can hear the full sound without distortion, but these recordings often miss the sounds of the audience response and reaction to the music. It is very difficult to obtain a video recording with good quality audio and a sharp, close picture, but when that is obtained, then Let's Start A Band, for me, is their best concert piece from this album.

Thanks, Francois, for this idea. I think it is good to see how other fans feel about particular songs.

Sam
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/27/2012, 8:58 pm

I'm totally agree with you even if I hesitate ! But yes the emotion in this song she wrote when she was only 14 ! In this video in Basel she cries in the end !!! I love you
Back to top Go down
M.M
Admin
Admin
M.M

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/27/2012, 8:17 pm

Bonne idée ce sondage!

Great idea this survey!! cheers

This choice is SOOO HARD! According to me, that's her best album, with Life In A Beautiful Light. This is the album I discovered music with. This is full of memories and emotion. I love a lot more or less all of these songs. But if I had to make a choice, I would probably keep those one: This Is The Life, Poison Prince, Youth Of Today, Run, Let's Start A Band, Barrowland Ballroom, LA and Rock Bottom. It's a lot I know! So if I had to make a more little choice, I'd choose Youth Of Today. This song looks like me, I find myself in the lyrics, and the melody is one of the more beautiful you can have.

I let you feel the emotion (thanks François!):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty12/27/2012, 7:51 pm

Quelle est votre chanson préférée sur l'album "This Is The Life" ?

What's your favorite song on the album "This Is The Life" ?

A vos votes !

Vote !

Last edited by DJFanch29 on 1/22/2013, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sondage ! (survey !)   Sondage ! (survey !) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sondage ! (survey !)
Page 1 of 1