Amy Macdonald Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world is a diverse place. We come in many different shapes and sizes and have different beliefs. Diversity is good. Embrace it. (Amy Macdonald)

HomePortailSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
samwho3
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
samwho3

Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008) Empty
PostSubject: Amy and the USA   Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008) Empty12/28/2012, 8:37 am

For starters, this is not a good translation of this interview as it is apparent something is missing from the middle, and the last sentence contradicts itself.

That said, as an American who would love to see Amy on my TV and in my concert halls, but also as an American who has followed the music industry in this country for about 50 years, this is a difficult question. For starters, her managers are not familiar with America and don't really know the best venues in which to showcase her style of music and performance, so there could be a lot of trial-and-error learning along those lines. Unless, like Jimmy Buffett, you grew older along with the Baby Boomer generation in the US (my generation), to "crack" the US, you must appeal to a much younger audience. These days, some people manage to get one or more of their songs played during scenes of popular TV dramas and then, suddenly, have enough interest to begin to sell concert seats. Some do it through innovative approaches to You Tube. But for Amy's style of music, it would probably mean starting all over as she started in the UK, playing miniscule venues to at most 100 or so people, touring endlessly while playing a gig a night for several months at a time, etc. This would not only take her away for long periods from her lucrative European market but would be a very large expenditure and financial drain, especially if she did it with any band members at all. Amy is an ambitious woman, and I think she would like to be appreciated in the US, but she is also a prideful woman, and I don't know if she would be willing to start the whole process over of trying to get recognition. As she has already proven, you don't need to be known in the US to have a successful career, and even if you do put in all the work and travel, you're not guaranteed success or longevity of career.

However, one...just one...good hit in the US, and you can sell 15 million CDs in a couple of months and tour forever in the better venues. Just depends how much or how little you value that.

Pour commencer, ce n'est pas une bonne traduction de cette interview car il est évident qu'il manque quelque chose à partir du milieu, et la dernière phrase se contredit.

Cela dit, comme un Américain qui aimerait voir Amy sur mon téléviseur et dans mes salles de concert, mais aussi comme un Américain qui a suivi l'industrie de la musique dans ce pays depuis environ 50 ans, c'est une question difficile. Pour commencer, ses dirigeants ne sont pas familiers avec l'Amérique et ne savent pas vraiment les meilleurs endroits où pour mettre en valeur son style de musique et performance, il pourrait y avoir beaucoup d'essais et d'erreurs d'apprentissage le long de ces lignes. À moins que, comme Jimmy Buffett, vous vieillissait le long de la génération des baby-boomers aux Etats-Unis (ma génération), de "craquer" les Etats-Unis, vous devez faire appel à un public beaucoup plus jeune. De nos jours, certaines personnes parviennent à obtenir un ou plusieurs de leurs chansons jouées lors des scènes de séries télévisées populaires, puis, soudainement, il faut suffisamment d'intérêt pour commencer à vendre des places de concert. Certains le font à travers des approches novatrices pour You Tube. Mais pour le style d'Amy de la musique, il signifierait probablement commencer tout comme elle a commencé au Royaume-Uni, des scènes les minuscules au plus à quelque 100 personnes, voyageant sans cesse tout en jouant un concert d'un soir pendant plusieurs mois à la fois, etc permettrait non seulement de l'emmener pour de longues périodes de son marché européen lucrative, mais serait une dépense très importante et gouffre financier, en particulier si elle l'a fait avec tous les membres du groupe à tous. Amy est une femme ambitieuse, et je pense qu'elle aimerait être apprécié aux Etats-Unis, mais elle est aussi une femme orgueilleuse, et je ne sais pas si elle serait prête à recommencer le processus au cours d'essayer d'obtenir la reconnaissance. Comme elle l'a déjà fait ses preuves, vous n'avez pas besoin d'être connu aux États-Unis pour avoir une carrière réussie, et même si vous ne mettez dans tout le travail et les voyages, vous n'êtes pas garanti le succès et la longévité de sa carrière.

Toutefois, un ... juste un bon coup ... aux Etats-Unis, et vous pouvez vendre 15 millions de disques dans une couple de mois et visite à jamais dans les salles de meilleure qualité. Tout dépend de combien ou combien peu vous appréciez cela.
Back to top Go down
M.M
Admin
Admin
M.M

PostSubject: Re: Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008)   Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008) Empty12/27/2012, 7:18 pm

DJFanch29 wrote:
On the day when we publish the video for "MR Rock N Roll" US Version, Amy speaks in an interview in the U.S. (source: Amy Macdonald Polska)

Amy explains in an interview why not organize concerts in America: - "I think my album would have happened in America, but it is not for me, the most important thing. Some people think that you have to be in America to succeed. Do not I need it.'d rather spend my time here in Europe, concerts and events with people who want to see me. I do not want to neglect going to America in search of something that probably will never happen "

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What do you think about that ?
Do you think Amy is right to stay in Europe ?

I totally agree with her. You don't necessary have to have succes in America to be a great and remarkable artist. However, I'm sure therere are lots of fans who are waitaing for her. There would love to see her singing in America. I can't weigh up the pros and the cons, it's up the her to decide what career she wants...
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008)   Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008) Empty12/27/2012, 5:31 pm

On the day when we publish the video for "MR Rock N Roll" US Version, Amy speaks in an interview in the U.S. (source: Amy Macdonald Polska)

Amy explains in an interview why not organize concerts in America: - "I think my album would have happened in America, but it is not for me, the most important thing. Some people think that you have to be in America to succeed. Do not I need it.'d rather spend my time here in Europe, concerts and events with people who want to see me. I do not want to neglect going to America in search of something that probably will never happen "

What do you think about that ?
Do you think Amy is right to stay in Europe ?
Back to top Go down
http://amymacdonald-forum.net
sego
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
sego

PostSubject: Re: Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008)   Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008) Empty8/18/2012, 4:52 pm

Sympas toutes ces vidéos !!!
Merci François I love you
J'adore Mr Rock'n'Roll
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/bettyboopyeah/videos
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008)   Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008) Empty8/2/2012, 5:18 pm

"This Is The Life" l'album de la découverte sort à l'été 2007 (L'album vient tout juste de féter ses 5 ans le 30 juillet 2012 !)

Le 1er single "Poison Prince" est dédié à Pete Doherty, un de ses idoles de jeunesse à qui elle demande d'arrêter ses excès et de revenir à la musique :

1ère version 2007 :

2ème version 2008 :

Suit "L.A" chanson dénonçant l'idolâtrie des ados (dont sa petite soeur) pour les stars d' Hollywood :

"Run" magnifique ballade pop-folk hommage à l'un de ses groupes préférés "The Killers" :

et THE TUBE "This is the life" qu'elle écrit en 5 mn le lendemain d'une nuit mouvementée  drunken après un concert de "The Libertines" (Pete Doherty) à T in the Park à Glasgow ! Ce titre est en tête de presque tous les charts européens et même en France  Exclamation à l'automne 2008 :

"Mr Rock & Roll" clôture l'exploitation de cet album de superbe façon :

Last edited by DJFanch29 on 1/4/2017, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://amymacdonald-forum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008)   Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008) Empty

Back to top Go down

Singles Taken From This Is The Life (2007-2008)
Page 1 of 1