Amy Macdonald Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world is a diverse place. We come in many different shapes and sizes and have different beliefs. Diversity is good. Embrace it. (Amy Macdonald)

HomePortailSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)

Go down 
+3
Ezio
DJFanch29
Vhazza
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy Macdonald Fanpage
Young Lover
Young Lover
Amy Macdonald Fanpage

09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty10/4/2014, 10:27 pm

A lyric video of "The Leap Of Faith". Smile
Hope You'll enjoy Wink

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/PLPietras
Vhazza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/16/2014, 11:16 pm

I did realise that about Nessie :p But maybe this is a learning curve for anything similar in the future Wink
Back to top Go down
https://byvhari.etsy.com
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/16/2014, 11:10 pm

I'm sorry. I did not want to get political but just bring some views and everyone is free. Like I said, it's hard to ignore the facts.
And about Nessie, it was just a joke ! alien

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://amymacdonald-forum.net
Vhazza
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/16/2014, 10:49 pm

Given that this vote affects me directly, think I get a say here (I've done really well not mentioning this for a whole blooming year!)

We COULD have just reported that Amy was playing the Usher Hall, that it was sold out and then reported back what songs were performed. There was no need to mention what it was for. I almost went to it until I discovered that it was for the Yes campaign and I'm not showing support for either side (my vote is between me & the ballot paper). As R.E.M.O. said, we're here as fans of her music. In my opinion whether copy & pasted from other sources, some posts do show support for the Yes campaign. What about those who may be voting no? How do you think they'll feel if they are posters here or even just visitors? To be honest, her decision to publicly reveal her political views may one day come back and bite her...

We not one nation. We're from all over the world here. We're not here to discuss political views, we're here to discuss her music.  maybe in hindsight there should have been a disclaimer in the first post stating that all opinions are those of the individuals and not those of the forum as a whole. This is a critical vote for Scotland and we shouldn't be seen as having anything to do with it.

Here my rant finishes.

p.s. Nessie's not voting yes. She's a No voter as she's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://byvhari.etsy.com
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/16/2014, 8:35 pm

You might be right, but hard to ignore the reason for this concert! Amy is so passionate in everything she does and it's also for that we love her. And this song "Leap of faith" speaks for itself.
Back to top Go down
R.E.M.O.
Admin
Admin
R.E.M.O.

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/16/2014, 11:42 am

DJFanch29 wrote:
Maybe it's only my opinion but this topic tends to a political statement. I think this forum should be only about Amy as a musician. If there is a need to debate about independence or democracy at all, it would be better placed in the rubric [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

PS: @DJFanch it's not an attack against you, but I think this type of posts could attack Scots with an other opinion than Amy has. Especially these type of votes are always very very emotionally what makes not easier.
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/16/2014, 5:55 am

Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/15/2014, 7:13 pm

The referendum campaign has energised the people of Scotland who are coming to Yes in their droves. A Yes vote on Thursday is just the beginning; when the polls close we need to take that enthusiasm and energy and begin to transform Scotland in to a fairer, more democratic society. Let's do this!

Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/15/2014, 6:34 pm

lisamaria wrote:
G wrote:
We now are some of the very first people to hear one of her new songs Very Happy

Here is the Video of the new Song  Very Happy

I really love it!
Definitely the best quality ! Thank you Lisamaria !!! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] This is the Life
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Pride
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The Leap of Faith
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/15/2014, 6:16 pm

Ezio wrote:
another new song...the new album are coming?
Unfortunately not yet I think but she seems to be inspired for moment ! Very Happy

Other photos :

Back to top Go down
Ezio
Mr Rock & Roll
Mr Rock & Roll
Ezio

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/15/2014, 10:28 am

another new song...the new album are coming?
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/14/2014, 11:11 pm

Especially for this occasion Amy wrote and performed a beautiful new song called "A Leap Of Faith" !

Enjoy despite the bad quality !

Thank you to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for upload !

Version I upload too on our facebook page :

Back to top Go down
lisamaria
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/14/2014, 10:54 pm

G wrote:
We now are some of the very first people to hear one of her new songs Very Happy

Here is the Video of the new Song  Very Happy

I really love it!

Last edited by lisamaria on 9/14/2014, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
G

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/14/2014, 10:00 pm

Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/14/2014, 9:25 pm

Yes I have it ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
G
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
G

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/14/2014, 8:18 pm

A video clip to promote the Yes Vote has used an instrumental version of the song "Pride" during the show.
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/14/2014, 6:06 pm

Amy with the First Minister of Scotland Alex Salmond and the other performers, in front of the Usher Hall in Edinburgh
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/13/2014, 7:23 pm

Exclusive announcement as KILTR are proud to announce their part as the primary broadcaster in the live-streaming of A Night for Scotland featuring: Franz Ferdinand, Mogwai, Frightened Rabbit, Amy Macdonald, McIntoshRoss and Stanley Odd. Tune in - wherever you are - from 7.30pm, sunday 14th September 2014, live from the Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland.

Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/9/2014, 10:29 pm

Nessie votes YES too !!! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/7/2014, 10:07 pm

We wonder if we will hear "Pride" by the incredible [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] live on stage next week [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/7/2014, 5:30 pm

Pop icon Amy Macdonald to take to the stage for Yes

inShare
Scottish singer-songwriter Amy Macdonald is giving her support for a Yes vote the best way she knows how - taking to the stage to perform at the sold-out Night for Scotland, #VoteYesConcert in the final push for a Yes vote.
Also added to the line-up is alternative hip-hop group Stanley Odd.
On Monday pop sensation Amy was crowned Fashion Icon of the year the Scottish Fashion Awards.
The Bishopbriggs-born solo artist has sold more than nine million albums, and won countless awards.
She will take to the stage with an exclusive set, joining worldwide triple platinum Scots rockers Franz Ferdinand, titans of noise Mogwai, cult indie-rock band Frightened Rabbit, McIntoshRoss -a collaboration between Lorraine McIntosh and Ricky Ross - folk icon Eddi Reader and Scottish actress and comedian Elaine C Smith, coming together at one of Scotland's grandest venues to show their support for Yes in the countdown to the vote.
The event is taking place in Edinburgh’s Usher Hall on the evening of September 14th. Tickets went on sale Monday and sold-out within two days.
Amy said: "It's great to be added to the line-up for the #VoteYesConcert. I'm looking forward to performing alongside some top Scottish talent showing our support for Yes by performing at this special night."
Solareye (aka Dave Hook), Stanley Odd added: "It is amazing to see the country at its most politicised and engaged in generations. The number of people inspired by the debate and the possibilities for positive change that an independent Scotland offers is something that should be celebrated. This referendum is a chance to look at new models and ask questions of how our political system operates; to address issues of poverty and social inequality; and to recognise the importance of public services like the Post Office and the NHS. We are delighted to be sharing a stage with such a range of talented folks and to be able to contribute something to the movement in the exciting climactic days before the 18th of September."
SCA Promoter and prominent Yes campaigner Tommy Sheppard said: "It's great that Amy is showing her support for Yes by performing at this very special event. And we are delighted to also have Stanley Odd added to the line-up on the back of their new single release this week '[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'."
"The Yes Campaign has unleashed tremendous creative energy and it's great to showcase that in a Night For Scotland with the cream of the Scottish music scene, as we make the final push for a Yes vote on September 18."
Commenting on the news that Amy is to take part in the concert, Gail Lythgoe of Yes Scotland said: "It is great news that she is performing at the concert and adding her support for a Yes vote on September 18. Amy is another great talent who has decided that Scotland's future is best secured as an independent country. She joins an impressive list Scottish of groups and singers and performers booked to perform at the concert - just a few days before the referendum vote."

For all the concert news please follow #VoteYesConcert on Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Twitter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Posted by Peter Dempsie, 05.09.14
Topics: 
Citizenship, Culture

3 steps to being IndyReady

inShare

Related

• [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Campaigning in Dundee today, Hollywood actor Brian Cox called on traditional Labour voters to look beyond party politics and embrace the once in a lifetime opportunity presented by a Yes vote to put Scotland on a path to greater success.

Independence is absolutely essential for young people in Scotland - a Yes vote means we can safeguard free university education for Scottish students and use the full powers over the economy to create more jobs and opportunities here in Scotland.

by Ellie Koepplinger
    When discovering my appointment to the Yes Campaign advisory board, I felt honoured, and, at the same time, extremely pleased. I felt proud that the Scotland the Yes Campaign wants to build is accepting of someone of my diverse background and character – and yet, I was hardly...

Teenager Ellie Koepplinger, who believes that an independent Scotland is the key to a "better, brighter and fairer" future for her generation has been appointed to Yes Scotland's advisory board.
    The 16-year-old will sit alongside political "heavyweights" such as Dennis Canavan and Nicola...

Search

Categories

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (182)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (386)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (359)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (464)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (223)

POPULAR TAGS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]fairness [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]prosperity [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]volunteers [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]labour [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]families [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]jobs [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]NHS [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]business

ARCHIVES

Back to top Go down
R.E.M.O.
Admin
Admin
R.E.M.O.

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/6/2014, 1:15 pm

DJFanch29 wrote:
Ezio wrote:
i dont know why..but..I thought Amy was contrary...
Yes indeed but she never clearly expressed her opinion on this issue.

Actually she did. Not in detail but she supports for "Yes":

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Amy said: "It's great to be added to the line-up for the #VoteYesConcert. I'm looking forward to performing alongside some top Scottish talent showing our support for Yes by performing at this special night."
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/5/2014, 10:21 pm

Ezio wrote:
Yes indeed but she never clearly expressed her opinion on this issue.
Back to top Go down
Ezio
Mr Rock & Roll
Mr Rock & Roll
Ezio

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/5/2014, 10:16 pm

Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty9/5/2014, 10:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)   09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh) Empty

Back to top Go down

09-14-2014 A Night For Scotland (Usher Hall Edinburgh)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next