Amy Macdonald Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The world is a diverse place. We come in many different shapes and sizes and have different beliefs. Diversity is good. Embrace it. (Amy Macdonald)

HomePortailSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Un intrus américain ... pardon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
samwho3
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
samwho3

Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty
PostSubject: Un intrus américain ... pardon   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty9/18/2012, 11:16 pm

Hello, and thank you, Francois, and others responsible for this forum. My name is Samuel Hogue, Sam for short or Sandy as my mother called me. I accidentally stumbled upon Amy Macdonald about 2-1/2 years ago when looking for Scottish music and singers. My first sight of her and her band was the video of the opening of her concert in Berlin, uploaded, I believe, by Francois, of February 2010 in preparation for the release of A Curious Thing. Immediately, I noticed this was unlike other "live" You Tube videos as it was professionally made. Then this little girl stepped to the microphone and opened her mouth, and I was hooked. I don't know exactly what it is, but her voice resonates within me...maybe inducing genetic memories of my Scottish roots. Amy Macdonald could sing the telephone directory, and I would raptly listen. Since that initial introduction to her and her music, I believe I have viewed almost every video of her on You Tube...and still want more. I don't have much hope of ever attending one of her concerts as I am an un-rich American in the southeastern United States, and she does not show much desire to come here, but I am happy to continue following her on You Tube and reading and discussing with her fans from other countries. Feel free to contact me on any topic as I will certainly reciprocate.

Sam

Bonjour, et merci à vous, François, et aux autres responsables de ce forum. Mon nom est Samuel Hogue, Sam pour faire court ou Sandy comme ma mère m'appelle. J'ai accidentellement trébuché sur Amy Macdonald il y a environ 2 ans et demi, en recherchant des chanteurs et de la musique écossaise. Mon premier regard d'elle et de son groupe était la vidéo de l'ouverture de son concert à Berlin, téléchargé, je crois, par François en Février 2010 pour la sortie de A Curious Thing. Immédiatement, j'ai remarqué que c'était différent d'autres "live" vidéos de YouTube, comme fait par des professionnels. Puis cette jeune fille se dirigea vers le microphone et ouvrit la bouche, et je suis devenu accro. Je ne sais pas exactement ce que c'est, mais sa voix résonne en moi ... peut-être induits par les souvenirs génétiques de mes racines écossaises. Amy Macdonald pourrait chanter l'annuaire téléphonique, que je l'écouterais. Depuis cette première introduction à elle et sa musique, je crois que j'ai vu presque toutes ses vidéos sur YouTube ... et j'en veut toujours plus. Je n'ai pas beaucoup d'espoir d'assister à un de ses concerts car je suis un Américain pas riche du sud-est des États-Unis, et elle ne montre pas beaucoup le désir de venir ici, mais je suis heureux de continuer à la suivre sur YouTube et en lisant et en discutant avec ses fans d'autres pays. N'hésitez pas à me contacter sur n'importe quel sujet car je vous rendrais certainement la pareille.

Sam
Back to top Go down
M.M
Admin
Admin
M.M

PostSubject: Re: Un intrus américain ... pardon   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty9/19/2012, 3:27 pm

Welcome to you Sam! You're the first American fan registered on this wonderful forum!
You seem to be a very enthusiastic fan, like every one of us here!
Don't hesitate to give your opinion about this site and give new information about Amy!
I'm very pleased you registered here and I hope you'll find what you expected.
Welcome again,
Mael

Ps: hope my English is good... confused
Do you speak French commonly?
Back to top Go down
samwho3
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
samwho3

PostSubject: Re: Un intrus américain ... pardon   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty9/19/2012, 5:21 pm

M.M wrote:
Welcome to you Sam! You're the first American fan registered on this wonderful forum!
You seem to be a very enthusiastic fan, like every one of us here!
Don't hesitate to give your opinion about this site and give new information about Amy!
I'm very pleased you registered here and I hope you'll find what you expected.
Welcome again,
Mael

Ps: hope my English is good... :confused:
Do you speak French commonly?

Thank you, Mael, for the warm welcome. I studied French for 3 years in high school and 2 years in college, but that was almost 45 years ago, and about all I remember is, "Je suis ici aujourd'hui." However, I am a regular user of Google Translate, and, although it is frequently confusing, I can usually figure out what is being said.
Sam
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: Un intrus américain ... pardon   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty9/19/2012, 6:28 pm

Hi Sam!

Welcome to the Amy's home ! Very pleased that a, American join us. I think you know my youtube channel and what you're talking about live in Berlin in February 2010. I do my best to find the best videos to share with as many people as possible in order to know our wonderful Amy worldwide. I hope she will one day touring the U.S. and will be recognized as she deserves (She has already gone to the U.S. in 2008 for some gigs in Boston and a few TV appearances include)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In France she also doesn't have the success she deserves and receives no media coverage on radio and TV. This is what convinced me to create this forum also encouraged by some friends who are also members. (Besides, I invite you to join us on the forum of another great artist Katie Melua where we will be very happy to welcome you there if you wish [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) Especially that her so-called official forum is not very attractive or friendly !

Regarding the Scottish and Celtic music in general, I am also passionate, as Breton are my Celtic roots. Mael is also Breton!

I'm happy and the team also talking about Amy and all the other subjects that you want and don't hesitate to give your opinion and your suggestions !

François

Salut Sam !

Bienvenue dans la maison d'Amy ! Vraiment très heureux qu'un américain nous rejoigne. Je pense que tu connais ma chaine youtube et ce live dont tu parles à Berlin en février 2010. Je fais de mon mieux pour trouver les meilleures vidéos afin de les partager avec le plus de monde possible afin de faire connaitre notre merveilleuse Amy dans le monde entier. J'espère qu'elle fera un jour une tournée aux US et qu'elle sera reconnue comme elle le mérite ( elle est déjà allé aux US en 2008 pour quelques concerts à Boston notamment et quelques apparitions TV)

En France également elle n'a pas le succès qu'elle mérite et ne bénéficie d'aucune médiatisation sur les radios et TV . C'est ce qui m'a convaincu de créer ce forum encouragé également par quelques amis membres également. (D'ailleurs je t'invite à nous retrouver sur le forum d'une autre grande artiste Katie Melua ou nous serons très heureux de t'y acceuillir si tu le souhaites) Surtout que son soit-disant forum officiel n'est pas très attirant ni convivial !

Pour ce qui est de la musique écossaise et celtique en général, je suis également passionné, en tant que Breton, ce sont mes racines celtes. Mael est également breton !

Je serai ravi et toute l'équipe également de discuter sur Amy et tous les autres sujets que tu souhaites et n'hésites pas à donner ton opinion et tes suggestions !

François
Back to top Go down
http://amymacdonald-forum.net
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Happy Birthday !   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty7/3/2013, 9:44 pm

Hey Sam !

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! Enjoy your day !!!

Greetings !

Fanch
Back to top Go down
samwho3
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
samwho3

PostSubject: Thanks   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty7/4/2013, 6:13 am

Thank you, Francois, for the birthday wishes.  I don't much care for them anymore as they feel more like a countdown to the end.  However, I had a very nice day taking care of my 10-month-old grandson.  Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
DJFanch29
Admin
Admin
DJFanch29

PostSubject: Re: Un intrus américain ... pardon   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty7/2/2014, 11:44 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAM !!! All the best for this day !  Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
samwho3
Youth Of Today
Youth Of Today
samwho3

PostSubject: Thanks for another year's birthday wishes   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty7/3/2014, 2:00 am

Thank you, Francois.  The Beatles released the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album in June 1967.  About a month later, I celebrated my 17th birthday.  On that album was the song, "When I'm 64," and fortunately, that time is now.  Fortunately because in May, I suffered a second heart attack and required a 3-vessel bypass of my coronary arteries (too many cigarettes and too much butter).  In addition, since last year's birthday, I have a second grandson to care for, and I feel very lucky and very blessed.  Thanks again for the wishes and for all you do on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Un intrus américain ... pardon   Un intrus américain ... pardon Empty

Back to top Go down

Un intrus américain ... pardon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amy Macdonald Official Forum :: THE FORUM :: Introduce yourself !-
Jump to: